Having the necessary equipment/supplies is as important as having them clean and disinfected. There are different products and techniques that are efficient in keeping your PAP therapy supplies clean to keep them working correctly. Cleaning the supplies not only keeps harmful pathogens away from your airway, but it also helps to provide comfort while using the mask and accessories. By cleaning the masks it will help to provide a better seal, making a better experience while using PAP therapy. Here are few tips to consider to keep healthy supplies.
- Develop a cleaning routine.
- Clean all of the supplies, mask, tubing and water chamber.
- Ensure all the equipment has dried and ready to be used for the next night.
- Do not use bleach or harsh substances to clean the equipment, it can cause damage to the product and it may be unhealthy to breathe the scent.
- Do not dry supplies in direct sunlight as it may cause discoloration or warp the product.
- Mild soap and water is a common technique to clean supplies.